Firmware update loop

Solved12.46K viewsHardwarefirmware update

Hi, one of my tentacles is stuck at the “activating Firmware Update Mode…”

It says “it can take some time to install” but now is over 30minutes i’m waiting… giving that the other one took a second to process and less than a minute to do the firmware update i’m guessing there’s something wrong going on, please help me.

Thanks

TF

P.s. my machines are macbook pro running 10.9.5 and a pc with Win7 Pro 64bit

Here is a short update: We checked the device serial number and we found out that this Tentacle unit was one of the first 50 units we have shipped. These units have been completely programmed and hand-assembled by our selves.  Actually I must have forgot to enable the firmware update mode on this single device. This means the unit is still working as it should, but it refuses to update the firmware. We will swap it asap.

Hi Brickbeard,

please just unplug the Tentacle and restart it. Now you can start the firmware procedure again.

Max

Thanks Max i tried different times and on a pc and a mac but after it asks me if i want to “update to the latest Version 3.65 Firmware” and i click “Update Firmware” it goes on the second screen (please see pic attached) and stays there loading…

I can’t click the Update Firmware button as you can see it’s greyed out because firmware update mode isn’t active. On my other Tentacle everything went fine.

If you make the update with Windows please use the same USB socket (as used for the other Tentacle). Win needs to install driver for every single USB socket.

Yes i used the same

Anyway this is what i get if i try the same thing with the MAC (running OS 10.9.5)

Is the Tentacle you are trying to update still working normally? (red/gree mode)

Yes LEDs are fine, green and red mode, it jam syncs and output correctly.

I noticed that as soon as the “activating firmware update mode” shows on screen the front LED shuts off, while the rear stays on

Please write us the serial number to info@tentaclesync.com.   Ulrich will help you later this day. Sorry for that inconvenience. Max

Thanks Max