Syncing with Premiere

Solved27.81K viewsSoftwareAdobe Premiere AVC-INTRA

Hi Tentacle-Team and users!

As I don’t use a Mac, I’ll have to find another method for syncing my video and sound files. My preferred editing tool is Premiere CC.

My cameras: Panasonic AG-HPX371 and a GoPro 4, and soon a Blackmagic Micro when available. For additional sound I use a mobile recorder, Tascam DR-40. How can I sync all the video and sound material? Every gear is connected with a Tentacle.

Regardless of the used OS, the Panasonic stores the videos with AVC-Intra-codec which is not supported by Tentacle Software.

I’m not sure if Premiere is able to handle this. So what is the easiest workflow?

Thank you!

Wolfgang

Hey Ulrich, any update on the Windows Tentacle Timecode Emebedder? Will it also have to have a Tentacle box plugged in and turned on to function like the OS X software?

I may be repeating an existing request here, but having the OS X version of the Tentacle Sync software not require an actual box would be a huge huge deal. I imagine the idea is to not give the software away to those who haven’t purchased the boxes, but currently it creates a huge pain in the ass for Production Sound Mixers (like me) who use them and deliver to folks editing in Premiere, even on indie jobs:

• There’s no way for them to sync using my audio timecode tracks without purchasing additional, slightly complicated, unusual software
  • They can’t use your software to sync tracks
  • It shouldn’t require my time on set (let alone the fact that on many more pro or Union sets, this is explicitly not allowed or appropriate) to deal with bringing a computer and using my copy of Tentacle Sync to fly together the files or generate XMLs
  • I have gotten more than one call from editors hired for these jobs asking me wtf is wrong with the cameras and why the have no scratch reference track (although obviously I then explain that they do and how to hear it)

I love the product and the ethos behind it, but finding some way to solve these pain points would benefit me, and I would guess many others in my position that are not one-man-bands or both Production and Post departments in one.

Thanks!

You are viewing 1 out of 13 answers, click here to view all answers.