Big issue with the latest version of tentaclesync software

9.14K viewsSoftwarebug sync software

Hi,

I’ve some big problems to sync with your latest version. It’s happened on 2 major project for Converse and l’Oréal. I was seriouly embarrassed. I want to

The configuration was two 5dIII, one soundevice 744; one zoom h6. The sync of all the device has been done with the lemo cable wiht the tc of the soundevice. I do it all the time and it used to work fine.
You can the problem with the capture here (it’s a test to understand what’s going on). The tc seems to be fine…

Can you help me with this ?

Thanks

When files are marked as red this does not necessarily mean that there is a problem. It just says that there is no correspondence file found wich matches this clip in time. This can be when taking insert pictures without sound or when recording ambient sound without camera rolling.

The audio track assignment in Premiere Pro is a known problem when exporting merged clips. Premiere refuses to use take the channel assignment from xml files. This even happens when doing a xml roundtrip with no Tentacle Sync application involved.

So, when using merged clips in Premiere you have to set their audio channel assignment after import. This can be done easily in Premiere via the “Modify / Audio Channels…” function in Premiere. This also works when selecting multiple clips at once, so you don’t have to do it for every single file. I have included a screenshot…

If you still encounter issues, you might have to send us a few clips via wetransfer or dropbox.

You are viewing 1 out of 6 answers, click here to view all answers.