RED Footage not all synching properly

8.42K viewsSoftware

I’m using the tentacle sync box with my RED Dragon camera and an external audio recorder, but when I go to sync them with the software, it seems like a lot of the clips do not sync properly.  Some audio files are being paired with the wrong video, some video clips are not paired with any audio, and some video clips have multiple audio takes instead of just the proper file.  Any ideas why this is happening?

Answered question

Some clips are in sync while others are not.  We are using the Zoom 8, and I’ve checked and the clips aren’t paused at all.  Some days only a couple clips are out of sync, and other day around half of the clips are out of sync.

I’ve attached a screen shot of what it looks like.  You can see that some of the shots have more audio tracks than we recorded, and others that should have audio do not have the audio with it.  Some of the clips with audio have the wrong audio files with the video files.  So basically, it’s kind of all over the place.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

You are viewing 1 out of 5 answers, click here to view all answers.