Syncing with Premiere

Solved27.93K viewsSoftwareAdobe Premiere AVC-INTRA

Hi Tentacle-Team and users!

As I don’t use a Mac, I’ll have to find another method for syncing my video and sound files. My preferred editing tool is Premiere CC.

My cameras: Panasonic AG-HPX371 and a GoPro 4, and soon a Blackmagic Micro when available. For additional sound I use a mobile recorder, Tascam DR-40. How can I sync all the video and sound material? Every gear is connected with a Tentacle.

Regardless of the used OS, the Panasonic stores the videos with AVC-Intra-codec which is not supported by Tentacle Software.

I’m not sure if Premiere is able to handle this. So what is the easiest workflow?

Thank you!

Wolfgang

As Paul said.

I just bought a pair… I’ve got a shoot tonight, 5D, A7, and C300.  I was thinking of jam syncing the C300, then plugging one into the 5D and one into A7.

However, I literally am recording audio – hand over the rushes and thats it.  I didn’t realise the editor would need my physical tentacle to be able to sync, and as that can’t happen I’m going to go back to plan A and use inbuilt mics as scratch mics and they’ll have to Plauraleyes it :/

Would be great if there was a way in Premiere to get the audio TC to sync!

You are viewing 1 out of 13 answers, click here to view all answers.