Tentacle Not Found with iPhone

7.46K viewsHardware

My iPhone 5s sends the message that “tentacle not found.”

I have read the other information on this site about this problem. I have been successful in connecting both of my tentacle sync-boxes with the tentacle sync iPhone app in the past.

Background – The iPhone is new 2017 (10.1.1), the 2 Tentacle Sync-Boxes are new (2017) and the sync cable is the original sync cable supplied with the kit.

I plugged Tentacle Sync-Box #1 into the phone with no problem. Confirmed settings and disconnected in the correct way.

Tentacle Sync-Box #2 (power on / blinking red) plugged in tentacle using the white TRRS to TRRS cable to the phone – message “tentacle not found.”

I turned the phone off and on, the tentacle off and on. Disconnected the cable. Used a backup cable and then returned to the original white TRRS to TRRS cable.

10-12 times I got the message “tentacle not found.”

I was able to jam timecode for tentacle #1 to tentacle #2 and jam timecode from my Sound Devices 744T, But I still could not connect the phone using the tentacle app to confirm the frame rate, audio output setting and user bits on tentacle #2.

My concern is that if I was on set or in the field not being able to confirm the setting means the unit cannot be used. This seems to be and intermittent problem. I was able to get the phone to connect with the tentacle sync-box after an half hour.

I watched you guys develop the tentacle sync boxes via JW Sound site. I am very happy with the product. I just want to give you feedback.

mark

Fokke,

Thank you for your thoughts on this intermittent problem. I will give the deinstall/reinstall a try. I am beginning to think that I should not rely on the phone app in the field when ever possible. Yesterday both units had trouble connecting with the phone app.

Thanks again!

You are viewing 1 out of 5 answers, click here to view all answers.