AV Shift – Adding camera Presets

4.50K viewsSoftware

Morning, have started using the AV Shift option  – I now have offsets that work for iPhone 6 and Nikon D5300 but I can’t add these settings as Presets. The ‘+’ option seems to be always greyed out. Is there something that I need to do to allow the adding of a Preset? Currently just adding the offsets manually.

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

just to clarify, there is a difference between AVShift and Set Offset. This is from the Tentacle Sync Studio Help:

“AVShift

Some (less expensive) cameras lack of synchronicity between audio and video. The recorded audio of those cameras is a few frames delayed or in advance.

With AVShift you can compensate for this camera issue. This function will only work with clips wich both have audio and video. It will have no effect on audio only or video only clips.

Hitting the plus sign on the left lets you create presets for certain camera models. Those presets will then automatically apply AVShift for clips of those cameras on import when the “Automatically apply AVShift on Import” is enabled in the settings panel.”

The ‘+’ sign is only active when you have changed something. It is also possible only to have one preset per camera. When Tentacle can not detect the camera model, it is not possible to add an preset.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Ulrich

Hi Ulrich

I presume it can only detect a camera through metadata within the imported video file?

Many thanks for the quick respones

all the best

Mike

Hi Mike,

you name it. Tentacle Sync can only detect the camera model if it has enough metadata to do so. It will search for metadata present in MXF, RED, Quicktime, MP4, MP3, WAVE or AVCHD files. Some of the metadata (in MXF Files for example) is stored in external files (XML or other files). So for Tentacle Sync Studio it is important to keep the original folder structure to find any available metadata.

Best,
Ulrich