Can’t import mxf to Tentacle Sync Studio

8.81K viewsSoftware

Hi,

I’m just import the mxf footage recorded by SONY FS7. But as the cap screen shown below, it is not a available video codec.

My mac OS is 10.11.6. How can I solve the problem?

Thanks!!

Hi Bone Chan,

in fact the mxf imported fine into Tentacle Sync Studio. It’s just the codec that is not installed on your system. Please check the answer here how to get the codec:

http://forum.tentaclesync.com/question/apple-pro-video-formats-install-fcpx-compressor/

By the way: If you are only interested in doing an AAF or XML Export, you do not need the codec at all to be installed on your system.

Best,
Ulrich

Hi Ulrich,

I have the same problem. I have 3 days of FS7 MXF footage to sync and the VIEDO CODEC UNAVAILABLE icon is displayed in the TS Studio software.

As i do not have any Apple Pro Video Apps (I only have  Adobe PPRO) on my computer it wont let me install the AVC intra codec required. I have so far been unable to find a site that to download it. It seems to be the case that even if I had the codec TSS does not support it (?).

The work around you imply above is exporting the XML for PPRO is not great as you can’t see what you are syncing (no codec) in the sync map window. And when you import the xml back into PPRO it is the entire number of batch converted files/sync map you have imported/exported rather than individual files using the MEDIA method.

I would love to see AVC intra supported. I work with FS7s a lot.

Thanks

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Tentacle does support AVCIntra (LongGop,422,444…) if Apple Pro Formats are installed on your system.

I can totally understand this from a users perspective and we would love to include the codecs into the app. But since the codecs belong to Apple there is no way that a small company like Tentacle Sync can get a license from them.

I am really sorry but the answer above is the only solution to get the codecs. Hope you understand.

Best,
Ulrich

Some raw mxf files cannot play on Mac OS, so you need convert it to mp4 , mov formats, search on google “mxf converter”  www.convertmxffiles.com  https://free-mxf-converter.en.softonic.com are providing such software.

edited answer