Workflow for FCPX? – Coming soon…..?

5.56K viewsSoftwareFCPX software tentacle-studio

Hi Tentacle,

Can you please confirm the workflow for FCPX? is there a fix for the software yet.

I am trying very hard to convince and indie producer to use TC but he is a (lowend) FCPX user. Using 3rd party software such as sync n link or resolve or anything else other than Tentcal Studio will put it in the “too hard” and “too expensive” basket for him. It was a struggle just to get him to consider tentacle Studio.

Related question: Tentacle Studio requires either a licence key or a Tentcale Unit to be attached to computer via usb – or both? Is there a manual downloadable some where?

Hi Gerard,

glad you asked! Yesterday we have announced that FCPX support is coming soon to Tentacle Sync Studio. We have a beta version ready for those who want to check it out. Please drop a line to beta@tentaclesync.com if you are interested.

There are several ways to activate Tentacle Sync Studio. If you are a Tentacle Owner you will get one license key per Tentacle Unit. A license key allows you to use the software independently of your Tentacle. Additionally you can always use a Tentacle as a dongle to activate the software as long the Tentacle is connected.

Best,
Ulrich

Hi Ulrich,

Great thanks, thats a big help. I am still working on getting the producer over the line for this upcoming feature. FCPX compatability is a big plus for the purposes mentioned.

So if understand you correctly (sorry to be dense) I dont personally need to buy a copy of the software?

I will be able to use the software with the Tentacle units used as a usb dongle?  So in theory If I get a standard set and a single set I would technically have three licences of the software?

If the producer decides to buy his own copy of the software he can do so and he will recive his own licence software key?

If the producer wanted to use the software using my Tentacle Units as a usb dongle there is no restrictions stopping him downloading the software and doing so?

Thanks

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

every Tentacle Unit allows you to get a free activation key for Tentacle Sync Studio. The keys can be used independently of the hardware then.

Also it is always possible to activate Sync Studio temporarily by connecting a Tentacle unit as a hardware dongle via usb.

So if you would buy a standard set plus a single set you will have three independent licenses plus the hardware dongle functionality.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Ulrich