What’s the best audio that preserves timecode and polywav for tentacle sync studio?

4.29K viewsSoftwareaudio editor polywav timecode

Hi! I’m currently trying to edit some audio fetched from 4 tentacles (one on a 633 master, 3 from gh5 audio timecodes) on my mac, for an FCPX project (basic stuff, like HPF and db attenuation).

I was recommended audacity but that thing cannot export to wav poly, and to add insult to injury, it also wipes out any metadata including timecode on export – tentacle studio cannot use this file!

What editor do you recommend? Price is not a concern as this is for a commercial production. Thank you!

Answered question

I am not sure if i understand your question correctly, but i think what you are asking is this;
You want to edit your recorded audio before the picture editing starts, right?

Sometimes, but very rare, i do this. Normally i leave this audio editing for when picture editing is done.

I am a ProTools user. I import the original files into ProTools and spot the files to the correct TOD timecode. I can bounce within the session to a multichannel audio track. It is not very straightforward, but it works. Just because it doesn’t happen that often it is ok this way for me. I made a template for this.

Answered question