Can I use a tentacle 3.5 > xlr cable to put TC on a zoom f3

675 viewsHardwareZoom F3

I already know that the Zoom F3 doesn’t have tc in feature except through the bluetooth proprietary thing with a 3rd party. I know this already.

But it has 2 xlr channels, and I only need to run audio into one of them. So I have a spare xlr channel.

I also have the Tentacle Sync Tentacle to 3-Pin Male XLR Cable which is supposed to work for “any recorder that takes xlr input”

But I am not getting this to work. Even though I see a signal coming from the Sync-E channel on the Zoom F3 screen, there is no detection in the Sync Studio app.

please help. I thought this is why the 3.5>XLR cable attachment existed.

Answered question

I have been trying to solve this as well with no solution. I have one channel of the Zoom f3 recording from my boom mic, and the second channel is recording the audio timecode signal from the sync e. For whatever reason, Resolve is unable to read/analyze that timecode sound when I bring it in to post

Answered question

@suika game The Tentacle to XLR cable is designed to feed timecode from a Tentacle Sync E or Original device to any recorder that uses a standard XLR input connector. However, the timecode signal will be recorded as an audio signal on a soundtrack, not as metadata. This means that you will need to use the Sync Studio software to extract the timecode from the audio track and sync your files.

Answered question