MKH-416 Power with (XVIVE P1 Portable Phantom Power Supply) running into track e

3.20K viewsHardwaremkh-416 Phantom Power XLR

Hi Team,

I want to run my MKH-416 into the (XVIVE P1 Portable Phantom Power Supply) to get phantom power, then run XLR out to 3.5 into the track e. It would be a perfect semi wireless solution instead of using my sony K3M (Trying to reduce my rig weight and jam timecode). If that works ill be purchasing multiple track e’s and a generator.

Also if that does work how I imagine would I be best to use your XLR to 3.5 cable?

thanks 🙂

Answered question

The input of the TrackE is unbalanced. You have to make an unbalanced cable, and then it works. Pin 1 and 3 of the XLR as sleeve, XLR pin 2 to the 3.5mm tip.

Answered question

Hi Fokke,

why would you connect Pin3 to sleeve instead of leaving it blank? I am not saying I know it better, just want to understand.

Answered question

You’ll loose 6dB of gain usually. Whats even better; insert a balancing transformer

Answered question

I am also (desperately) trying to find the cable taht connects the Xvive P1 to teh tentacle recorder. (I have bought 6 so far. ) tentacle support says it absolutely works but can only supply wiring diagrams to make one. Has anybody found teh actual product to buy? shovel I get some kind of signal converter between teh two?

Answered question