Can you sync time code if your audio has a 19ms delay?

3.40K viewsAudio Delay Technical help workflow

Hi there, I’m curious if I can sync my video and audio if my audio has a 19ms delay? For audio I have my deity connect (which has a 19ms delay) running 2 lavs into my zoom F6 and a boom mic (set to a 19ms delay) and for my camera I have a BMPCC4K. Is it possible to set correct that delay on your time code Systems or is it just something I have to sync and align correctly in post?

Answered question

There is not an offset field within Tentacle Sync Studio. But you might ask yourself if that would help if the delay is 19ms. Because, in a 25FPS enverioment, 1 frame is 40ms. So, it would be approx. half a frame.

The BMPCC camera translates the audio stream into timecode, but who will tell you if it syncs to the frame boundary? I don’t think so; ergo; your camera is not more accurate then 1 frame and could be half a frame offsync too! Whenever i meet latency issues between audio and video i more often see that video is too late. So; if your audio is 19ms late; in the end it might be even more in sync then when you correct your audio latency!

Answered question
You are viewing 1 out of 2 answers, click here to view all answers.