Iphone app issue
Hi Paul, here a few tips to get the Setup App to work:
- Please make sure you are using the included 4 pin TRRS Cable (it comes in a sealed plastic bag with a “iPhone Setup Cable” sticker on it). The normal 3 pin TRS cables won’t work.
- Please make sure that you have granted the Tentacle Setup App access to the microphone. You can check this in iOS under Settings/Privacy/Microphone
- Make sure that the headphone volume of your phone is set to a high enough volume level. You can see a hint in the connect screen if the volume level is acceptable.
- Sometimes the receptacle of the phone is dirty. Please make sure that it’s clean and the jack has a proper contact. An indicator for a proper contact is the appearing of the red volume bar at the top of the connect screen.
- Make sure you have the latest firmware running, you need at least 3.70. To install the latest firmware you have to download and run the latest setup app for MAC/ PC from our website and follow the instructions.
- Sometimes it helps just to restart your phone. We have to check what the reason for this could be.
Hope that helps!