Sync Issues – First Frame Shift (Premiere)
There seems to be a bug that’s creating havoc in our projects.
Initially, the XML links up perfectly with all the material. But once we close the Premiere pro and reopen the programme, the timeline goes out of sync (both video and audio).
We suspect it’s a “First Frame Shift” (notice how each cut creates a new “in point” at the head of the clip), and when it happens – the timeline and the project file become completely unusable.
2. We’ve tried doing the following, to no avail:
– Disabling “align timecode” on Premiere’s relink/import settings
– Exporting an AAF from Tentacle sync (as opposed to exporting an XML file)
– Importing the XML (or AAF) into a NEW premiere project.
– Verifying this isn’t a Mac or PC related issue, as this problem occurs on all machines
– Exporting an XML/AAF file using NO external sound (the problem will still occur, even if no external audio files are added)
– Using Premiere’s “interpret footage” and modifying the frame rate. (One camera shoots at 50 fps, the other at 25 fps. But this has never been an issue for us)
– Trying to re-link the out-of-sync footage. Nothing helps
– Using Autokroma’s “BRAW Studio Panel”, and their “Timeline Correction” tools.
– The problematic media is stored on a local drive (RAID).
– Opening the XML file on Davinci Resolve, exporting a new XML, then sending that to Premiere.
3. Our setup/sync settings:
Main editing machine: iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
Premiere version: 13.1.5
Two cameras: Panasonic EVA + Panasonic GH5
Audio: recorded externally using Tascam, and Tentacle Sync Device
We’re sure there’s a solution to this, but at the moment we’re completely at a loss. I hope you’d be able to come to our rescue.
ok – creating a 25p xml seems to make the synched sound work. Although in my project this created another problem = some of the footage now was out of synch. I couldn\’t determine what created this problem. In the end I created two xml\’s one in 50p where the footage was aligned properly and one in 25p where the sound was working correctly. I then copied the footage from the 50pXml into the 25pXml and then I had a proper timeline where everything worked out.