Syncing with Premiere

Solved29.37K viewsSoftwareAdobe Premiere AVC-INTRA

Hi Tentacle-Team and users!

As I don’t use a Mac, I’ll have to find another method for syncing my video and sound files. My preferred editing tool is Premiere CC.

My cameras: Panasonic AG-HPX371 and a GoPro 4, and soon a Blackmagic Micro when available. For additional sound I use a mobile recorder, Tascam DR-40. How can I sync all the video and sound material? Every gear is connected with a Tentacle.

Regardless of the used OS, the Panasonic stores the videos with AVC-Intra-codec which is not supported by Tentacle Software.

I’m not sure if Premiere is able to handle this. So what is the easiest workflow?

Thank you!

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,
sadly we are not able to release a Windows Version of the Tentacle Sync Software. This is because we are making heavy usage of OSX Frameworks wich are simply not available on Windows.
Premiere CC is able to sync via Timecode, but not able to read Audio-Timecode. And as far as I know it has no batch syncing capabilities which means that you have to sync clip by clip by your own.

A solution could be to use DaVinci Resolve. It is capable of reading Audio-Timecode on Video Files and does batch syncing. We have done some test with DaVinci, it does the job, but we don’t have tested a workflow in conjunction with Premiere CC. It should be possible to sync via DaVinci and export via XML or AAF to Premiere, but as i said we haven’t tested this yet.

Best,

Ulrich

You are viewing 1 out of 13 answers, click here to view all answers.