yes Apple finally approved the app!! To communicate with your Tentacle you need firmware 3.70 wich we have not yet released. We will release a new setup app for mac and windows wich will also update your Tentacle firmware to 3.70. Look out for it on our website in the next 48 hours 😉
I also am having problems. I have updated to 3.70, I am using correct cable (one with yellow label on bag) I did clean my audio port out of any lint i could with a toothpick. I shut doen every app running in the background on my phone, rebooted the phone, tried turning the cable around, re-opening the app, etc.
i can get it to connect but only rarely. maybe 1 in 10 times. sometimes I have trouble getting “Headphone volume OK” indicator to stay up. playing around with it it appears to be either a heaphone jack problem or a cable problem. apllting lateral pressure to headphone jack improves results. i am using iphone 6.
UPDATE: I wrapped a scrap of Kimwipes soaked in contact cleaner around a toothpick and swabbed my headphone jack on my phone vigorously. Now it works 100% of the time. so entirely dirty contact problem.
Hi Craig, here a few tips (for you and others, so sorry when repeating things you already mentioned) to get the iPhone Setup App to work:
- Please make sure you are using the included 4 pin TRRS Cable (it comes in a sealed plastic bag with a yellow “iPhone Setup Cable” sticker on it). The normal 3 pin TRS cables won’t work.
- Sometimes the receptacle of the phone is dirty. Please make sure that it’s clean and the jack has a proper contact. An indicator for a proper contact is the appearing of the red volume bar at the top of the connect screen.
- Make sure you have the latest firmware running, wich is 3.70. To install the latest firmware you have to download and run the latest setup app for MAC/ PC from our website and follow the instructions.
- Make sure that the headphone volume of your phone is set to a high enough volume level. You can see a hint in the connect screen if the volume level is acceptable.
- Please make sure that not other grab access to the headphone port. We have experienced issues with an app called “cast”.
- Sometimes it helps just to restart your phone. We have to check what the reason for this could be.
Hope that helps!
I just received my order of 5 tentacles. Only 1 of them worked with the iphone app, and was able to connect and have its settings changed.
The other 4 would not connect, just kept saying ‘Tentacle not found, please attach your Tentacle to your phone via the included iPhone Setup cable’ I’ve tried all 3 of the iphone setup cables and none of them allow me to connect.
The first tentacle that worked, now also doesn’t connect….
When I plug them into my Mac they work fine and I can see they are all running 3.70 (October 15th firmware)
I am using an iphone 6